About the job
Discovery Networks is growing, and as a result many challenging business development activities are going on. To be able to meet the expectations, the new role as Business Developer will be a key player in achieving Discovery Networks goals. You will take on a proactive role within the company and have an outside in approach to gain insight on what is needed to create large added value to the entire organization.
As a Business Developer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Create business cases and build models to assess business opportunities
- Provide strategic analysis in terms of identifying business need, defining the business problem, analyzing business change or identifying new opportunities for future enhancement
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions being made
- Provide meaningful and well-presented information to enable business decisions
- Develop KPI’s and tools to assess profitability and efficiency of current business models
- Identify and remain up-to-date on industry trends and potential business
- Ad hoc analysis as and when required
As a Business Developer at Discovery Networks your primary responsibility is to develop strategic insight to influence key stakeholders across the organization, as well as effectively deliver strategic analysis to enable decision-making and the setting of organizational priorities. You will report to CEO Sweden and will work closely with the Finance Director and with key persons within various departments. The role is placed at Discovery Networks new head office at Tegeluddsvägen 80 in Stockholm.
Your experiences include:
- 2-3 years of experience from business analysis; either as a management consultant, investment analyst or in an internal corporate cross functional analyst role
- Relevant education, for example Business Management
- Understanding key business drivers within the media/telecom/content industry
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to and befriend to all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capacity
- Fluency in English, both written and orally
- Experience from working in an international company is a plus
To thrive as a Business Developer at Discovery Networks you are a detail-focused person who have the ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines. You are highly motivated and are able to take own initiatives and work well without immediate supervision. We think that you are someone who have strong interpersonal as well as organizational skills. You can build trust and relationships throughout the company, on all levels. You are a team player who work well with your colleagues and have the mindset that things around you always can be improved.
Does this sound interesting? Apply today! In this recruitment process Discovery Networks collaborates with Novare Propell. Please apply at www.novarepropell.se as soon as possible. Selection is ongoing, and interviews will be held continuously. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Susanna Westman at email@example.com or Ebba Bolin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.
About Discovery Networks Sweden
Discovery Networks is one of Sweden’s leading media companies focusing on TV and digital streaming services. The company was previously known as SBS Discovery Media following upon Discovery Media’s acquisition of German ProSieben Media’s Nordic operations, SBS Nordic, in 2013. The Nordic SBS channels included in the acquisition were Kanal 5 and Kanal 9. At the same time, the new owners took over the channel TV11 from Bonnier Broadcasting. Discovery Networks already had a sizable portfolio of channels including Animal Planet, Discovery, Eurosport, ID and TLC, to name a few. The merger thus created one of Sweden’s largest and diverse media companies.