IPM is looking for a Senior Investment Strategist
IPM Informed Portfolio Management was founded in 1998 with the purpose of delivering robust investment strategies with a systematic investment process to institutional investors. Today, IPM is primarily recognized for its multi-asset systematic macro strategy, but also for its Smart Beta equity strategy, both building on similar investment principles.
IPM’s investment strategies are based on economic theory and rely on the belief that market prices fluctuate around the true fundamental value of financial assets. IPM designs novel approaches to model these movements and then captures the resulting profit. The investment process is systematic using a broad set of fundamental information as inputs.
Based in Stockholm, IPM has around sixty employees of which close to half are involved in research and investments. Our reach is increasingly global with investors in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America. IPM is registered with the financial regulators in Sweden and the US, and is passported to provide its services across Europe through its AIFM status.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role will be within the Client Portfolio Management team (CPM). CPM is responsible for the relationship with IPM’s investors as well as with consultants and has as its mission to increase client retention and to support the business development team. The CPM team currently has 9 people with responsibilities in different areas.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
· Technical sales support: support sales staff as investment specialist in client meetings
· Develop investment analysis parts of marketing materials, client reporting and responses to client requests
· Support the Client Services team in investment strategy aspects of the RFP process
· Prepare and conduct (as investment specialist) monthly/quarterly investment calls
· Advise clients on how best to invest in our strategies/vehicles, and potentially on general allocation and investment matters
· Product development: investigate and facilitate new products to cater for demands from existing and prospective clients. Liaise with Business Development as well as Investments & Research
· Act as Client Portfolio Manager, i.e. responsibility for ensuring that Clients’ invest in the IPM strategy in a way that best suits their requirements and expectations
· Strategy development: provide input to Investments & Research on how our strategies can be further improved and developed
· For the right candidate there is an opportunity to help develop investment research papers, speak at seminars, etc. to help strengthen the IPM brand
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / INFORMAL QUALIFICATIONS
· A minimum of 10 years’ work experience within investment management, preferably as product specialist or in investment/research
· Solid understanding of systematic hedge fund strategies and/or “alternative beta” (risk premia) or quantitative equity strategies
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal English required (documented research reports, papers, analysis in English will be a definitive plus)
· Extensive travel required
Does this sound interesting? Please welcome with your application no later than September 28.
In this recruitment, IPM collaborates with Novare Executive Search. For more information about the position, please contact Anna Schauman at email@example.com . Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.