Programme Specialist in Children’s Rights
Programme Specialist in Children’s Rights
Global Child Forum organizes global forums at the highest level and conducts research and analysis on children’s rights and business issues. Through innovative partnerships with companies and civil society, we initiate, develop and provide knowledge on how children’s rights can be secured and integrated into business operations. We work to ensure the fulfilment of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child among all stakeholders.
Global Child Forum is currently recruiting a Programme Specialist. As a Programme Specialist, you will be responsible for the development, content and performance of our forums and other events, both globally and regionally. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the content is in line with the guidelines and goals set by the Global Child Forum, in order to provide our continued influence on children’s rights and sustainable business. This position is an exceptional opportunity to work with strategic development and stakeholder engagement on corporate responsibility to respect and support children’s rights.
The Programme Specialist is responsible for the creation of our forums, events and other initiatives related to children’s rights at the intersection between business, government and civil society in order to influence the corporate sector to put children’s rights on the agenda.
Leveraging on your understanding of how business affects children´s lives, and with a passion for interaction and collaboration within different sectors, you will work on developing forums and events that are insightful, innovative and inspiring for an audience of high-level decision-makers within the corporate sector. You will report to the Head of Forums & Outreach and work in close collaboration with the Partnership Manager and the Research team.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for shaping, developing and conceptualizing the content of forums, events and follow-up activities.
- Ensure that the content of forums and events is informed by a deep understanding of children’s rights and business issues based on relevant themes, emerging trends, global sustainability issues and analytical analysis.
- Ensuring, through active networking, that relevant speakers with expertise and authority in the field are engaged and properly briefed.
- Applying a deep understanding of emerging children’s rights and global sustainability issues to be used in strategic development around our forums, events and follow-up activities, including producing concept notes on the content and outline.
- Provide specialized policy-oriented advice on sustainability governance and trends in children’s rights and the corporate sustainability agenda.
- Contribute to managing and expanding high-level relationships and dialogue with UN entities, multilateral institutions, corporate representatives and other expertise in the relevant field.
- Support on-going efforts to engage with the corporate sector around one of Global Child Forum’s initiatives, “The Pledge for Children’s Rights and Business”.
What we are looking for:
- An advanced degree in either international affairs, development studies, political science, human rights-/children’s rights law, business or the equivalent.
- A solid knowledge within the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainability, supply chain management and stakeholder engagement.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience within the area of corporate sustainability from the corporate sector or as a consultant, alternatively from the non-profit sector dealing with business and human rights issues.
- Skilled writer with experience of writing policy papers and background notes etc.
- Knowledge of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Children’s Rights and Business Principles, the UN Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030.
- Fluency in English, both orally and in writing, is necessary; fluency in Swedish is desirable, additional languages are advantageous
- International working experience with a wide network within relevant areas.
- Project management skills including experience in arranging high-level events and conferences is considered advantageous.
- Interest and ability to speak publicly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and work with partners from diverse and multi-cultural contexts.
For this position we’re looking for a person with a drive for strategic development and stakeholder engagement. You have networking skills, ability to work independently, take initiatives and professional integrity.
We offer you a position in an evolving organisation where you will be part of a dedicated team who believes in the power of business to create a sustainable world for the benefit of children. The position is full-time and will require some international travel. Our offices are located in Gamla Stan in Stockholm.
Does this sound interesting? Apply today! In this recruitment process Global Child Forum is collaborating with Novare. Please apply at www.novarepropell.se. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Anna Malmström, email@example.com, 0735233014. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.
About Global Child Forum Global Child Forum was founded in 2009 by the Swedish Royal Family, and is a leading forum for children’s rights and business dedicated to innovative thinking, knowledge-sharing and networking. Global Child Forum believes in the power and responsibility of business, working in partnership with all parts of society, to create a prosperous, sustainable and just society for the world’s children. In addition to forums, Global Child Forum delivers research perspectives, best practices and risk assessment tools designed to unlock opportunities for business to integrate children’s rights into their operations and communities. The Honorary Chairman of the Global Child Forum is H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf. For more information, please visit: www.globalchildforum.org.