Credit Ratings Analyst
S&P Global Ratings are looking to expand our our analytical team in Stockholm with the position Credit Ratings Analyst – Forest Products & Packaging Sectors.
- Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of about 15 credits
- Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer’s credit rating.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Present findings and well-underbuilt analytical opinions to a credit rating committee, supporting by strong modelling skills.
- Communicate and interact well with senior management at companies
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and lead meetings with multi-national, senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned and concise opinions to our credit rating committees.
- Solid, demonstrable experience (+3 years) with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations.
- Relevant sector experience (Forest Products) is preferred.
- Degree educated in a relevant business related field, with a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification seen as a comparative strength.
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Swedish. Fluency in other European languages such as German will also be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Positive mindset in working in a regulated environment, in dealing with complex systems and focus on procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with solid communication skills
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
Is this your next challenge? Apply now! Selection and interviews will be held with start in August. In this recruitment, S&P Global Rating collaborates with Novare Propell. If you have any questions about the position please contact Kristin Högdahl, Novare Propell, email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector, and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
The Stockholm office has 35 employees, of which 22 are analytical staff. The office opened in 1988 and has an established presence in rating entities across multiple sectors.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings