Director of Business Development, Packaging Design
Stora Enso is the global rethinker of the paper, biomaterials, wood products and packaging industry. We always rethink the old and expand to the new to offer our customers innovative solutions based on renewable materials. Stora Enso employs some 28 000 people worldwide, and our sales in 2014 amounted to EUR 10.2 billion. www.storaenso.com
Division Packaging Solutions works with leading retailers, brand owners and converters. We develop innovative fibre-based packaging solutions to build brand value for customers, support their sales, and optimise their performance to reduce total cost. Packaging Solutions operates in the value chain from collection of paper for recycling, production of pulp and containerboards as well as corrugated packaging solutions. We have operations in ten countries in Europe and Asia.
Director, Business Development, Packaging Design
Are you passionate about packaging and design? Do you have solid proof points of successfully developing customers’ packaging solutions to increase revenues to both the customer and you?
Yes, then you might be the new force for our packaging business development! You will join our Division Packaging Solutions as an internationally minded Business Developer focusing on packaging design. You will provide business development support with packaging design across our markets to the account teams in customer workshops, and take the lead in developing our design approach and capabilities by inspiring the organization. You will be developing the future path for packaging design for brand owners and retailers, and contribute to packaging design becoming our true competitive advantage for customers’ brand building. You will be a member of Marketing & Innovation function and report to Senior Vice President Marketing & Innovation.
You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden. The role requires frequent travelling abroad for customer meetings and events.
Main responsibilities in this position are:
- Support customer account teams with business development on-site across our markets
- Inspire retail and brand owner customers with packaging design and branding from a business perspective
- Plan and facilitate multifunctional workshops with retail-, brand owner-, and converter customers, coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Lead and develop design services in the Division with related models and structure, to maximize customers’ business impact and branding
- Provide steering and guidance to our design teams as design functional leader
- Build packaging design competency within Stora Enso from a business perspective, with continuous designer skills and competency development
- Follow-up and defining the future packaging trends for inspiring customers and rooting them in our organization
- Enable protection of our design innovations through IPR measures, and the link to design awards
Skills and experience required to succeed in this position
- University degree: Minimum B.Sc. degree, preferred in Marketing/Management/Business Administration or Industrial Engineering & Management
- Experience from brand owner category management/marketing, retail and/or management consulting; minimum 7 years work experience
- Experience in building business impact based on packaging for brand owners and retailers
- Experience in utilizing structural packaging and graphic packaging as a marketing tool
- Experience with packaging materials including corrugated packaging materials
- Understanding of packaging automation
- Strong Business acumen linking packaging design to business impact
- Fluency in English and Swedish, both written and spoken
Ideal candidate will possess the following personal skills
- Strong ability to inspire, communicate and positively influence customers as well as internal stakeholders such as designers
- Strong workshop leader, with experience to drive business development customer workshops with focus on packaging design and branding
- Positive, energetic, results-oriented, with” can do” attitude
- Experience in leading people in matrix organization, with multiple stakeholder contacts in parallel
- Highly independent and operational working style – proven strong project management skills
- Willingness to travel
If you are passionate about customers and turning design into profit, submit your application today!